Provide overall strategy, execution, and management of the process of identifying and on-boarding new clients and new projects of existing clients to assure business growth and health. development and execution of regulatory strategies that achieve expeditious market introduction in compliance with all relevant domestic and international regulations.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with staff to ensure that prerequisites (like pre-qualification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose to continue to enhance the company’s performance.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Business development management positions require a bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience. An MBA is a plus. Bachelor’s degree in scientific/engineering a plus.
- Soft skills in the following areas
- Prospecting, Persuasion, and Closing Skills
- Public Speaking,
- Motivation for Sales/Professionalism
- Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Market Knowledge
- Knowledge of domestic/international medical product regulations, a plus
- Strong attention to detail/Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge in using CRMs, Adobe Suite of Products and Office 365
- Good leadership skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while continuously assessing company and/or departmental priorities